Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homework Blues

     "Well, this is what happened," I answered. " it all started last night!" I began to list everything that occurred that night, "I was eating dinner and it was delicious."

     "Oh, really?" replied Mr. Van Camp. "What did you have?"

     "I had some lasagna, but as I was saying, I finished my dinner and returned to my bedroom and went back to working on the enormous load of homework I was given," I stated.

     Mr. Van Camp responded, " and..."

    " Well," I stuttered, " this is a little difficult to say. I received a phone call that changed my whole life. "

    " Its Okay."

     "Mr.Van camp, that phone call was the most devastating moment of my life! It was my doctor and he told me ' Dear, I'm sorry to inform you that you have Cancer'."

     "Oh," Mr. Van Camp slowly let out, " I'm sorry to hear."

     "So, this is why I was unable to compete my homework, I couldn't think about English while I just received the worst news ever!" I explained.

      " I understand Dear, I hope that you will win your battle against Cancer," Mr. Van Camp responded in a sympathetic tone, " and as for the homework, take as long as you need."

      I replied, " Thank you, Mr. Van Camp, I appreciate it." I paused, and resumed speaking" But may I ask a favor?"

     "Of course! What can I do for you"

     "Could you not tell anyone about this," I asked, " I don't want anyone to treat me differently."

       Mr. Van Camp assured me, " Don't you worry, this will stay between us."

     "Thank you" I sighed. And then, I headed to my desk and sat down to enjoy another entertaining class of English.






   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment